Coop questions

missbrit2006

Chirping
Mar 31, 2015
My chicken coop is 10x10 it is completely insulated and the flooring is ply wood and the roost is at the top inside but what can I put in there to help with the clean up because the droppings go on the floor and it's so hard to keep it clean especially because the flooring is ply wood

We have a plywood floor and keep pine shavings in there for the droppings. Usually keep about 3" of shavings and just pick out the big stuff every few days. This takes me about 3 minutes tops! Once every 6 months we remove all the shavings and replace it with fresh shavings. For us it is easy and a bag of shavings is only around $9. We go through 2 or three bags per year. Coop floor measures 4x6'.

While I still do not have ducks, or ducklings but in a few days I will, I will train them to use a litterbox young and old, as I will have them imprinted on me. Just use a cat litter box or a large container and fill it with wood shavings or paper and then every week, put it in the bin and replace it. But if you have wood and nothing to use, wear old sandals or sneakers and place them by the pen, brings some water and a mop and put them outside or in a container, then scrub it up until no poo is left, then simply leave it to dry and play with the ducks,when it is dry, let them out and leave it for another week. However if it is grass or dirt, dig that area up and bury the poo to make sure nothing else is there.

If the poop is only under where the roosts are, look into a poop board of some sort.
If it is everywhere, you might want to consider adding sand or wood shavings to the bottom and then cleaning that up as it gets soiled.

My chicken coop is 10x10 it is completely insulated and the flooring is ply wood and the roost is at the top inside but what can I put in there to help with the clean up because the droppings go on the floor and it's so hard to keep it clean especially because the flooring is ply wood
Is there ventilation too I hope?
What is your climate?
Should have some kind of bedding on the floor ...and poop boards under the roost are great.

Back
Top Bottom