coop roofing

Myrtis

In the Brooder
May 26, 2018
Hi, Im just curious. My husband used T1-11 siding to build the chicken coop. He used it for the pitched roof as well, with the intention of covering it with something. My question, can we used a liquid tar product?

I second the tin over wood. Make sure you use screws or roofing nails with the rubber washer and place the fasteners in the valley not the peak. You can not get enough compression on the rubber washer if you put the fasteners through the peak. Hint, screws are the easy way...

JT

I 3rd the vote for metal roofing......with two caveats. Make it white to reflect the heat of the summer sun, and install some type of insulation beneath it, also to reflect heat of summer sun and to eliminate condensation in winter.

Insulation being something like foil faced bubble insulation or in 4 x 8 sheet goods, 1/2" polyiso foil faced insulation board.

There is an exception to always put your fasteners in the valley on corrugated roofing and that is fiberglass panels that have supporting blocks molded to support the crown with a hole at each one for the special screws you get from them.

JT

Back
Top Bottom