Coop & Run : A few questions

We have acres fenced in, with t-posts. Some were put in 15 years ago. I think how well they hold has a lot to do with what type of soil they're used in. We have very heavy clay here. In other, looser soils, I'm sure they wouldn't perform nearly as well. I've watched a big ram scratching himself against them repeatedly, when his wool was really long, without dislodging them. I think it just depends on where you live.

We were required in Bowmanville to sink 4' ..up here you are required to sink 2-2.5'. The old fencing in the field is 30+ years old, some is older, hence why it's rotting and falling over, also the fact that the people pulled the field limestone out and stuffed it on the fenceline, which can't have been great for the fencing.

I realize this doesn't mean the frostline is 4', but you are required to sink that much and so the frostline is rather irrelavent at that point.

I should say now, I respect your opinions, I liked your idea and I am using it, but I don't agree with everything you say and this is the end of what I have to say, going further into a "conversation," would probably only lead to someone saying something rude.

Quote:
Exactly my opinion on it, down where I was going to use them it's on a rock shelf, and the soil above has a lot of stones in it, the stones a lone would hold them in place... but if I got the ones with the wings on them, they'd never come out!

Back
Top Bottom