9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Northen Va
If I choose to go the route
Post, board, 1/2 hardware cloth for the whole run

Please how to make the door?

Photos would really be appreciated
winkingwomanthanks23.gif

It's a little tough to tell in this photo. The run door is to the right. It's just a 2x4 frame with corner support's and hardware cloth attached. Sturdy hinges as well. There is also a hasp for a pad lock.

21297_coop_pic60709_003.jpg

Ours looks a lot like Baymen Moe's. Our only regret, - make the door a little higher (we'll be digging out some of the dirt in front of the door this summer). It swings out, and despite shoveling, snow and ice build-up is bad. I can open the run door only enough to squeeze in there! Glad spring is coming soon!

Quote:
Great advise you just shared, so your suggesting having the door higher, or you mean, placing more wood at the bottom..I got a little blonde moment going on...
Xoxo

The inside door for the coop is same as everyone. I put a 2x6 scrap board along the bottom of the wall, tall way so there is a 6" step. I built the door to flush with that, so there is no getting litter jammed into it. When I clean it out, I'll have to park the wheel barrow outside the door, but that's ok.

It's not a great picture of the run door since I was taking a pic of the coop, but you get the idea. My door frame looks pretty much exactly like Baymen's except that I have a 2x4 cross piece across the middle for added support.

52978_027.jpg

Home Depot sells a wooden screen door for under $20 - - I added 2X4 welded wire to it ....

after this photo was taken I also added hardware cloth all the way around the run and door on the bottom and 2 spring clasps and a hinge lock.

46366_red_door_roost_001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom