Coop shed floor

Eggsandbeyond

Songster
Apr 13, 2023
I am torn between sheet vinyl flooring or painting the floors with deck paint. I want something easy to clean but it's a very large space so trying to keep it cost effective. The sheet flooring would be twice the price and can't find it in store. But could do peel and stick tiles, again would be more pricey. But if in the long run would be worth it would be fine. What's your thoughts?

How "very large" in feet by feet?

I have heavy duty sheet vinyl for a 6x16' coop, also part of a shed, but got a deal on it.
I would not recommend tiles as you can get leakage between them that could ruin your shed floor.

Many use paint, just make sure you get the right paint and prep and apply properly.
I think @DobieLover used paint, maybe they can chime in here?

How "very large" in feet by feet?

I have heavy duty sheet vinyl for a 6x16' coop, also part of a shed, but got a deal on it.
I would not recommend tiles as you can get leakage between them that could ruin your shed floor.

Many use paint, just make sure you get the right paint and prep and apply properly.
I think @DobieLover used paint, maybe they can chime in here?
Do you happen to remember what vinyl you used? I was thinking of the sheet vinyl at my local hardware store. It's cut to fit so it won't have the creases. The coop is 96 sq ft.

Do you happen to remember what vinyl you used? I was thinking of the sheet vinyl at my local hardware store. It's cut to fit so it won't have the creases. The coop is 96 sq ft.
I examined more than a few types of vinyl and chose the one that didn't crack when I bent the corner. It was foam backed, as opposed to most which had paper backing.
I got it at a place that installed flooring as well as carried salvage building materials,
it was pricey but I knew the owner and traded some of my concrete sculptures to cover a good part of the cost.
You can see how I installed it in my coop page article.
It is 0.085" thick overall.
1704387259558.png

I got two 8’x6’ vinyl flooring remnants for $38 each at a local flooring discount place. My shed is 8’x12’ divided in half so it worked out perfect. They are the paper backed type and we just put them down so I can’t speak to longevity. But they appear to be holding up well to all the abuse they are currently taking as we work on finishing up the interior of the shed.

IMG_4850.jpeg

We used clear Polyurethane sealant, painted it on with a brush. Quick and easy.

Back
Top Bottom