Coop Soundproofing

AvocadoAbi

Songster
Jul 3, 2021
Hi y'all!
I was wondering if it is possible to soundproof my coop???
The neighbors are getting pretty mad at us...I was wondering if there is a special soundproofing material we could place around the coop to keep our roo's crow from getting too loud...
Let me know if you've tried this before or if you have any suggestions! I would love to know!!!
Thanks! 🙃

Hi y'all!
The neighbors are getting pretty mad at us...I was wondering if there is a special soundproofing material we could place around the coop to keep our roo's crow from getting too loud...
Let me know if you've tried this before or if you have any suggestions! I would love to know!!!
Thanks! 🙃
are you allowed to keep roosters where you live? if so, tell your neighbors to kick rocks.

We would prefer not to rehome him; we are trying to breed chicks next year.
What is the stuff called? (What is in the picture?)
It's polyisocyanurate foam insulation.
Don't do it.
As has been previously mentioned, re-home him if roosters aren't permitted where you are or tell the neighbor to pound salt if he is.
You can always get hatching eggs for new chicks.

Hi y'all!
Thanks! 🙃
This is the sort of stuff I would use to help with sound proofing. I can't be sure it would help enough to calm angry neighbors though. Also, you definitely wouldn't want the hens to be pecking and eating it. It's nasty stuff.
20211112_174818.jpg

Is rehoming the Rooster an option?

Do you have the right to keep roosters in your area?

If so, the neighbors can't make you get rid of him.

In the interest of neighborliness, is it possible to move the rooster further from the neighbors who are complaining?

Insulation is going to be a lot of trouble and expense, because you have to cover it with plywood to keep the chickens from pecking it and even eating it. As I said above, it is very hard to insulate without compromising ventilation.

It might be more cost effective to plant a soft barrier of shrubbery at the property line or even to put up a solid fence to reflect sound.

Hi y'all!
Thanks! 🙃
I feel for u...we've rehomed 1 rooster then fell in luv with the other. We were told they seldom had roosters when we got just FOUR chicks....n outta 4, 2 ended up being roosters!
Had no idea it was against our city limits either til now.

This is the sort of stuff I would use to help with sound proofing. I can't be sure it would help enough to calm angry neighbors though. Also, you definitely wouldn't want the hens to be pecking and eating it. It's nasty stuff.
View attachment 2896301
Is rehoming the Rooster an option?
We would prefer not to rehome him; we are trying to breed chicks next year.
What is the stuff called? (What is in the picture?)

Back
Top Bottom