Coop thoughts?

In my opinion, I would just build one. There's tons of ideas, and it's (usually) a lot cheaper than buying one online, plus you can make it specifically how you want. 2,000+ is a lot to spend on a pre-fab, especially if you're handy.
That's true. Wood is just so expensive in iowa. I might have to add up all cost materials and see what's cheaper but the best idea and how expensive others are

I have look at sheds and for a 6x8 what I originally was gonna do is anywhere from 3 thousand to 5 thousand. But if you can find or know where to find one cheaper I am open to suggestions. Indo look one marketplace and stuff often to see if there are any cheap ones
Look for a used one. Check CL and FB Marketplace. Talk to local shed builders and ask if they take old sheds from customers that are buying new. They may have something that you'd likely be able to have for the cost of delivery.

I have look at sheds and for a 6x8 what I originally was gonna do is anywhere from 3 thousand to 5 thousand. But if you can find or know where to find one cheaper I am open to suggestions. Indo look one marketplace and stuff often to see if there are any cheap ones
That price would make sense for a new and possibly customized build. Big box stores often have shed kits available for a lot cheaper (you'll need to make some alterations to convert to a coop, but the bulk of the building is provided (though check the details, as floors and roofs are not always included)), and of course if you're lucky you might be able to find used ones on Craigslist for a fraction of the cost.

Back
Top Bottom