Coop tour in Phoenix

At first I was excited but the more I think about it the more I worry about all these people walking around so many different coops in one day. I sure hope they thought this through well.

That's a great article. Are you part of that group?

I really got a kick out of some of the posted comments!
smack.gif
Makes us BYCers sound like angels, doesn't it?

Hi! I'm part of the volunteer committee that helped organize it- I did the graphics for the t-shirt, poster + booklet... ArizonaNessa, they did think it through- there's booties for everyone to put over their shoes, and sanitizer too- everyone was worried about passing on chicken diseases and stuff- it's the same measures that chicken coop tours in other cities take for biosecurity measures... everyone should check it out, if they get a chance! There are twelve coops open in the valley- and they're scattered about- the one furthest north is just south of Deer Valley, as far west as Glendale, and as far south/east as Gilbert...

Wish I had the time to go to some of them.

No... my coop will not be on the tour

But my boys and I will be sweeping and mopping it, and burying the poop in the garden, just like we do every Saturday morning....

Our coop is the one in the corner...

10376_backyard.jpg

what a great tour! hat's off to the committee that sponsored it! Most of my friends think and live like me, and/or appreciate my chickens and eggs - the real eye opener was all of the negative comments about the article at the end
roll.png

can you believe that people actually take time out of their day just to say negative things and insult someone elses efforts??? who are these chicken haters??? lol!

The sad part is they are multiplying fast. LOL!

I wish I could go on the tour. Way to far away for me. Hopefully some that are going will take pictures and share with us that have to stay at home. $$ short.

Cross Contamination would terrify me as well, I hope they're taking proper biosecurity precautions here. I think its a great idea, it just needs to be planned out well.

Back
Top Bottom