Coop Tour in Tacoma, Wa

Quote:
You need a BYC page so we all can check out more pics of your awesome coop!

Sorry not my coop, I wish my coop looked as nice. I was impressed by the story, some of the comments on the other hand shows the ignorance of some of the frequent posters to the news site.

Last edited:
I was so looking forward to going but had an opportunity to haul a free playhouse from Craigslist today and since it will wind up being my first coop...I had to make plans to do that today instead. I might still have time afterward but I kind of doubt I will want to. I will probably be tired and will not want to drive from Lacey to Tacoma at that point. Time will tell.

I read the article and some of the cranky comments. I broke my neighbors in gently. I took 16 little fluff balls outside every evening and let their kids see and answered ? and reminded them to wash their hands. I promised the adults that they were hens and I was onle keeping 5. I catch my neighbors watching them from their decks and I hope watching them brings them the serenity it brings me, ( without the poop to scrape off their shoes
wink.png
), and there will be egg sharing going on as we only eat about 6 a week in this household. So far no problems.

We are halfway through the tour and it is great! Will post pictures when we get home.

Kandi

Hi,

We got home and got busy on some coop improvements and now I am posting the pictures.

Enjoy!

We saw all but one of the coops. It was a tractor and we had a tired kid so we had to make a choice... Kids...
tongue.png

85309_pict0006c.jpg

85309_pict0003c.jpg

85309_pict0008c.jpg

85309_pict0016c.jpg

85309_pict0020c.jpg

85309_pict0028c.jpg

85309_pict0029c.jpg

Sorry it took me a day to get the pics up. We took other pics but I don't want to run out of room in my upload area when I am trying to finish my coop page...
smile.png

Kandi

(edited to delete a double copy)
barnie.gif

Last edited:
We went to this! It was so much fun!! Even my 2 and 4 year old had fun!! We are in the process of building a coop in our backyard! Can't wait to get our chickens!

My family and I had a great time too! Our favorite was the red coop with the white trim with the raised garden next to it. We gave it a 10++!! He really did a nice job on putting it all together to make it look nice and very functional in their yard. Can't wait for next year! : )

Quote:
I second that!!! That was our favorite one too!!! It actually inspired us to paint our to-be coop red also! Theirs looked to organized and nice!

Back
Top Bottom