coop toys

larrylewis

Hatching
6 Years
Nov 12, 2013
ohio
I need some ideas on stuff that I can build to put in the coop for the chickens to play with it would help if you guys put pictures of it

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
big_smile.png

If you browse through the Feeding and Watering your Flock section of the Forum you should find many suggestions

welcome-byc.gif
Glad to have you join us! One thing I do for my girls do give them something to do is hang a head of lettuce or cabbage from some twine. It gives them something to peck at other than each other. Another option is to provide lots of little things for them to climb and jump on.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad to have you join us! One thing I do for my girls do give them something to do is hang a head of lettuce or cabbage from some twine. It gives them something to peck at other than each other. Another option is to provide lots of little things for them to climb and jump on.
What a neat idea to hang food on a string for them to peck! My husband nailed together pieces of bamboo into a somewhat flimsy ladder that is propped up against the nesting boxes. Our girls like to perch on the rungs.

What a neat idea to hang food on a string for them to peck! My husband nailed together pieces of bamboo into a somewhat flimsy ladder that is propped up against the nesting boxes. Our girls like to perch on the rungs.
Just make sure you always use twine and not string. I have a hen who is now a house chicken because she got hold of a string and it strangled her tongue to the point that it fell off. She now can't eat anything smaller than a layer pellet.
hmm.png
So just beware of strings. Twine is harder for them to eat if it were to break and they got a hold of it.

Back
Top Bottom