cooped up versus covered in ash

You could but up toys for you chickens when they are cooped up. I don't have bad air but winter gets bad they can be locked up for two weeks at a time. I hang bird seed bells for them to peck at it takes them several days to finnish one off. You cold put good size stick in their run/coop for them to climb on. Throw treats into straw and let them scratch for them. It all helps.

Do any of you think running a mister would help pull stuff out of the air? We just got moved back to level 2 (woohoo!) so I'm wondering how to manage my birds now that I can go back as well.

From the EPA:

Cleanup: Avoid stirring up or sifting through ash as much as you can. Avoid actions that kick ash particles up into the air, such as dry sweeping. Before sweeping indoor and outdoor hard surfaces, mist them with water to keep dust down. Follow with wet mopping. Use a damp cloth or wet mop on lightly dusted areas. When you wet down ash, use as little water as you can.

https://www3.epa.gov/airnow/smoke_fires/protect-yourself-from-ash-factsheet.pdf

I have 5 chickens which I could never keep together. The RIR would kill the silkie and the d'uccles

Back
Top Bottom