Coops are they always a work in progress?

saltnprepper

Chirping
8 Years
I have something to fix, add or alter it seems almost daily. I got a final water set up yesterday. Today I notice when we get a long over night rain there is a drip from the lid of the nesting box. So DH got up in the garage rafters and pulled me down a piece of siding. The coop has a new roof today. I still have to secure it but its raining. Old Coop Roof.

New Roof in place.

Clean Dry and Happy

Last edited:
Yes, it seems like there is something to alter or fix every day!

I added a leather pull strap (made from an old belt) to the coop door today to make it easier to open. The wood swells in this damp weather.

Anyway, once chicken math kicks in, you may need to build a bigger coop too! It is unending! Ha! I'm having so much fun with my chickens I don't mind.
love.gif

I know what you mean. My coops and runs are a constant work in progress. I had a small coop similar to the one you have and that is exactly how I fixed the leaky roof issue.

I built my latest coop this summer and it is an ever-changing project. Changing the next boxes, food/water locations, imrpovements to the door, adding decorative trim, etc.

Yes always a work in progress. Yesterday with about a foot of snow and the wind blowing around 35 mph and temps below 0 the snow was blowing in my vents located at the top of the roof and onto my ladies roost .(never had this happen thus far) I had to fabricate a shutter and screw it in to place temporarily to keep the snow off their backs until the weather breaks and then go out and take it off. The work never seems to be finished.

Back
Top Bottom