Cop came to the house today

Aren't you the same lady that just had the duck attack issue?

What a rotten month.
barnie.gif

yep thats me lol but I have my class A license so my ducks and quail are legal, let me tell you those runner ducks are so much nosier than my silkie roo is lol

Maybe thats whats she hearing the runner ducks. Funny mine are very quiet compared to the pekings and khaki campbells. I don't think I'v e ever really heard them above a soft quack.And sound seems to amplify through the trees at least it does here. When my neighbors start their Karoke nights I can hear them amost 8/10 of a mile away.lol

oh my duck hens honk quiet a bit lol and at all hours, but there are a lot of Canadian geese around so she may not be able to notice my honks over theirs.

Marlinchaser
gig.gif
no they are not
gig.gif
must have my roos, or what is the point??? plus my sone loves both Alabaster my Araucana and the silkie no named roo.

Quote:
Are they still organic if there is no roo to make them real eggs?

Maybe I'm confused but I don't know what one would have to do with the other. Wouldn't the "organic" label refer to the feed the chickens were receiving?

Also, I don't think a fertilized egg is any more "real" than an unfertilized egg. That seems like an odd distinction.

Quote:
Are they still organic if there is no roo to make them real eggs?

Maybe I'm confused but I don't know what one would have to do with the other. Wouldn't the "organic" label refer to the feed the chickens were receiving?

Also, I don't think a fertilized egg is any more "real" than an unfertilized egg. That seems like an odd distinction.

Apparently this is your first encounter with Marlin's ummmm...twisted...sense of humor? Yes Marlin, I say that with all the love in the world.
tongue2.gif

heh, i've been hiding my cockerels in the house since my neighbor had heard the new roo i bought a week and a half ago. i found a better home for that loud one but i've been hiding my silkie Xs in the basement and my bantam polish hasn't started crowing yet but i'm keeping him in in the house as a pet. (all are about 3 months old) he makes a slight screech noise that i don't mind.

they get outside when i go out to do yard work and they stick close by but i have yet to hear either the polish or the silkieX crow out there.

the silkie Xs only seem to crow when i turn the basement light on to go outside with my dog in the mornings (we have a walkout basement).

i figure that a rooster/cockerel crows about as loud as any parrot/conure so why not keep one as a pet inside? my husband never even heard the full sized roo though 2 floors, i did!

i have 5 roos that dont make make the noise of my two mallards .. i cant have those here were i live at ... but i can have all the chickens i want . i think like six are seven people have gotten some after seeing mine .

Back
Top Bottom