Cop came to the house today

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
Apparently i have been busted lol actually this particular cop caught me and my chooks last year when my DS tripped the silent alarm but he was totally cool saying he liked chickens and how I lived.

But this time it was my silkie roo who BARELY crows, but it was enough for some really old woman to complain (apparently in her 45 years at that house she has busted 5 different people with chickens, guess she really does not like them lol) Anyway I agreed to put the silkie and all roos back in my garage coop and he promised to pretend that today never happened. He was so nice and really went above the call of duty by not making me get rid of them. last year i only had 5 that he saw, this time i walked him around and he saw all 50 of them
lol.png
but he was still cool about it. So my poor roos are all by themselves in the garage coop while the ladies and juviniles get the nice new coop with run, i feel bad but i know that they will still have a good life and i will sneak them out in the afternoons when i can.

I really hope I can control myself and my boys so that we can all live a happy life here, wish me luck
big_smile.png

Where do you live? Are you technically not allowed to have chickens? I live in an unincorporated part of a city, so I don't have any rules.... but I'm debating keeping a roo because I don't want people to complain.. but one of my hens turned out to be a rooster, and I'd like to still keep it.... so yeah, just thought id ask!

Good Luck!!!
hu.gif

I know my mom lives in Seattle and her neighbor has two roos' and they wake the neighborhood up in the morning, so instead of calling the cops (we all know they have better things to do - like catching drunk drivers and meth dealers) they are going to make a small committee to go talk to owner and see if they can work out a solution.
It's cool in the winter because they crow later, but now - oh my, he's up at 4:30am.
Some people just think it's easier to be faceless instead of coming over and figuring something out with you. You sound reasonable, and well prepared for just this sort of thing!
Good Luck!
*Maybe you can soften her with some yummy eggs....*

Quote:
never met her she lives up on the hill behind me and there is a pretty big buffer zone of woods between us I thought this would block the sound I can only see a small piece of her home. I plan to go over with some eggs and apologize soon.

Quote:
oh yes in no chicken area, none at all lol but like I said the cops here know I just cant push my luck which is what I have been doing. he really crowed so low I am surprised anyone heard him. I have been bringing him in now and giving him visits from 11 am to 6 with his girls.

its funny none of my neighbors except one likes them. And they are from the islands so that is why they are used to chickens. the others I think threw them out so I dont offer anymore. and not only do they taste great but I raise them organically so there is even that going for them.
idunno.gif

i wish my neighbor called the cops on us, lol instead she called the town hall on us.
The here are freindly , there is one particallery he loves our roosters and chickens he was showing them off to another cop.

But yea becouse of a grumpy neighbor now i have to fight to get a permit.

AHHHHHH some peaple cant enjoy the simple things in life.

Back
Top Bottom