My 1st Chickeniversary! And a rooster question...

Can't speak to that but I would still take my Border Collie every day of the week and twice on Sundays over the aggravating little shit in my coop who WAS fine and now isn't and I have no idea why.

Can't speak to that but I would still take my Border Collie every day of the week and twice on Sundays over the aggravating little shit in my coop who WAS fine and now isn't and I have no idea why.
Usually when a cockerel is coming into his hormones around six months old, and if it also happens to be spring, this combination can cause a personality change so drastic most people wonder who sneaked in during the night and replaced their sweet cuddly affectionate boy with a snarling beast that chases little kids and bites the wife and faces off with the mail carrier.

Yes, he can be trained to be a gentleman. It requires a little effort is all.

Usually when a cockerel is coming into his hormones around six months old, and if it also happens to be spring, this combination can cause a personality change so drastic most people wonder who sneaked in during the night and replaced their sweet cuddly affectionate boy with a snarling beast that chases little kids and bites the wife and faces off with the mail carrier.

Yes, he can be trained to be a gentleman. It requires a little effort is all.
Thank you for the advice and the article. He was a late bloomer but is still under a year but yes, I am wondering who switched him out! I will give that a shot. I feel like I have a small window to work with since he seems a little uncertain but if I can't nip this in the bud he's gonna end up culled. Which means no rooster at all.

Back
Top Bottom