Copyright Issues?

Too bad if he could not do it. That is such a sweet name.
barnie.gif

Yay! I'm a genius! I'm telling my husband right away . . .
lau.gif
<this is his reaction

Hope it works out for ya! You can also go to your county clerk's office? i think? or maybe it was my accountant that looked it up? well, I know when I opened my old buisness that they looked up the name I wanted and compared it to existing businesses in the area to see if there was any conflict or similar name already existing. You may be able to ask and see if either your accountant/county clerk can do the same. The copyright is a different issue, but it never hurts to see if anyone else is breaking copywright laws
tongue.png

The phrase Cold Comfort is in the public domain and can be used as long as it is not used in the same manner as the book as in a title of a written piece or in a title of a movie. It is a commonly used phrase with an open background and origin.

The original meaning of the phrase Cold Comfort: http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/81550.html.

I would follow suggestions of changing the last word, using something other than farm, so there is no mistaking intent in the use of the phrase.

Back
Top Bottom