Cord and hatch "junk"

Jewels1935

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 4, 2011
Central Florida
My 5 and final egg hatched..the chick was born with the cord and hatch junk attached to the white membrane. It's out of the shell, looks like the vent is getting smaller and the cord is drying. Because of this, I've been keeping the chick againist my skin, under my shirt
idunno.gif
I didn't want the other chicks or mama to pull it off. It's chirping, moving around more. Hubs got me a bator, don't know what kind, but should I put him in there? He's warm and happy in my shirt right now.

I would suggest putting the chick in the incubator. Also, you said that you don't know what type of incubator you have. What does it look like? I could help you determine.

Quote:
He's on his way home from work with the bator. A friend of his had 5 he was giving away, so my hubby said I'd like them. When he gets home, I'll try to get a photo. My cam batteries are toast. It's not even working plugged into the wall. He's almost dry now.

I don't think the bator comes with any paperwork...he said they were square..all he told me
smack.gif
lol heck, they may not even work!

Do I need to cut and tie the cord off? It's still on the white membrane. His vent is getting smaller at least.

Last edited:
They take patience, tweaking, and duct tape. But I've had successful hatches in them before, don't look a gift incubator in the Styrofoam!

Back
Top Bottom