Corid Dosage... no more confusion :)

Thanks for this thread. I suspect I may have an coccidiosis outbreak and everything I need is right here. What a great site!
1f423.png

This forum is such a great resource! I have a hen who is fluffed up but seems exhausted, Doesn't come running for treats, being kinda solitary. I found a place to buy Corid on a Sunday and will start it tomorrow for the entire group. I know to do 5 days at first... but see different recommendations for afterwards.
-do you reduce dosage and continue a preventative dose for two weeks?
- or wait two weeks and do another 3 days?

I plan to use 2t per gallon, and with 11 chickens will two one gallon stations be about right? Dump it daily and start over, right?

Thanks for all the great info on this post but I have one more question. If you put the Corid in the water how do you know what dosage the hen I'd getting? If I wanted to dose the hen individually would I give an amount straight from the bottle or dilute it first and then administer it? In either case how much would you give? I have a 4 year old hen that has had chronic diarrhea for about 2 years & also hasn't laid an egg in all that time. She didn't taper off laying, she just stopped. She's my first hen & back then I thought she was molting but she just never started laying again. Corid is about the only thing I haven't tried so I thought I'd give it a shot. She has no other symptoms.

Corid Weight Pictures

Tools

This is 624 mg amprolium

This is 610 mg amprolium

The mfg says this:
Quote: 3.5 teaspoons = 10.5 teaspoons
One ounce =
28.3495 / 10.5 = 2.7 grams per teaspoon

-Kathy

Last edited:
What happens if I premix all my Corid and water and keep it in empty milk jugs until I'm ready to use it?

We are leaving on vacation soon, but just started a round of Corid for all my birds due to one chick's behavior. I'm wondering if I can premix enough for a 2-3 days so the person taking care of my animals will not need to worry about doing it herself.

What happens if I premix all my Corid and water and keep it in empty milk jugs until I'm ready to use it?

We are leaving on vacation soon, but just started a round of Corid for all my birds due to one chick's behavior.  I'm wondering if I can premix enough for a 2-3 days so the person taking care of my animals will not need to worry about doing it herself.   
I feel like what I would do is put out jugs or water with baggies of premeasured corid taped to them and a funnel for filling for the caretaker to use. Personally I would worry about it being premixed... But I'm
Not sure why~ I really don't know how it keeps, I replace daily when I use it though so I worry about freshness or settling it something, someone else might have other thoughts though.

We are leaving on vacation soon, but just started a round of Corid for all my birds due to one chick's behavior.  I'm wondering if I can premix enough for a 2-3 days so the person taking care of my animals will not need to worry about doing it herself.   
I feel like what I would do is put out jugs or water with baggies of premeasured corid taped to them and a funnel for filling for the caretaker to use. Personally I would worry about it being premixed... But I'm
Not sure why~ I really don't know how it keeps, I replace daily when I use it though so I worry about freshness or settling it something, someone else might have other thoughts though.

Good idea.

-Kathy

I have already googled "corid dosage" on BYC and am very confused.

First of all, most of what I read has refered to liquid Corid.

Here is what I was able to find at my farm store:

Corid/Amprolium, 20% soluble POWDER, 10 oz. pkg.

dosage for cattle: 10oz. pkg to 125 gallons of water

I am dosing 1 sick little banty hen... her name is Betti Confetti.  Not even sure it is cocci? but have done everything else for her and this was suggested.

Thanks for any help given.  I hate not knowing what to do for a sick bird. /img/smilies/sad.png
[/quote

Croix website states 3/4 teaspoon per gallon of drinking water. For 20% powder. This is from Corid.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrB...0170.pdf/RK=0/RS=3Kooj0II7IfzakvZx7fD4y92.N0-

Back
Top Bottom