Corid Dosage... no more confusion :)

I have already googled "corid dosage" on BYC and am very confused.

First of all, most of what I read has refered to liquid Corid.

Here is what I was able to find at my farm store:
Corid/Amprolium, 20% soluble POWDER, 10 oz. pkg.
dosage for cattle: 10oz. pkg to 125 gallons of water

I am dosing 1 sick little banty hen... her name is Betti Confetti. Not even sure it is cocci? but have done everything else for her and this was suggested.

Thanks for any help given. I hate not knowing what to do for a sick bird.
sad.png

@Kamilobo , Welcome to BYC!
The link you have included is for cattle, not for chickens.

This is what the FDA and mfg's say for chickens:
DOSAGE LEVEL

MIXING DIRECTIONS

0.024%

Dissolve 8 ounces of AmproMed
2122.png
P FOR POULTRY in about 5 gallons of water in a 50 gallon medication barrel. Stir, then add water to the 50 gallon mark. Stir thoroughly.

0.012%

Follow same directions as above but use 4 ounces of AmproMed
2122.png
P FOR POULTRY.

0.006%

Follow same directions as above but use 2 ounces of AmproMed
2122.png
P FOR POULTRY.
Note: Make drinking water fresh daily. Stock solutions for proportioners may be stored in a clean, closed labeled container for up to 3 days.
USE DIRECTIONS: Give amprolium at the 0.012% level (10 oz AmproMed
2122.png
P FOR POULTRY per 128 Gallons) as soon as coccidiosis is diagnosed and continue for three to five days. (In severe outbreaks, give amprolium at the 0.024% level.) Continue with 0.006% amprolium medicated water for an additional 1 to 2 weeks. No other source of drinking water should be available to the birds during this time.

0.024% = no less than 1.5 teaspoons per gallon
0.012% = no less than 3/4 teaspoon per gallon
0.006% = ~1/3 teaspoon gallon

Last edited:
I have a hen I think Is positive for cocchi, she isn't drinking much , if Any at all. How much should I give her of the corid solution straight with no dilution??

If you have the liquid you can give her 0.1 ml per pound, so if she weighs 5 pounds, give her 0.5 ml (1/2 ml or 1/2 cc). Do this in addition to her medicated water for 1-3 days.

How much does she weigh?
No clue, maybe 5 lbs.
A little history. She was free ranging and we bought 5 bantams and put them all in the coop. Less than 2 days later I noticed she sneezed some and made a gurgling sound. I didn't really think much of it then a couple days later she got more lethargic. So I thought maybe respiratory. I bought and administered one dose of tylan and realised the next morning she had some dried poop on her that was yellowish and her pen had some in it as well. Looking back she had this problem for a couple days I just failed to acknowledge the poop problem. Well I went and got corid but I believe she isn't drinking enough to help . So I need to see if I can give it to her straight. I gave her a few drops before work today just because I know she needs it asap. Just wondering if I need to really step up the dosing. Poop was almost a light yellow color.

Back
Top Bottom