Corid Dosage... no more confusion :)

Quote:
You would have to do it with a scale. That is a weight ounce, not a fluid ounce.

Think about a pound of feathers vs. a pound of rocks. You have no way of knowing how heavy a particular volume of the powder is, without weighing it.

For water, a weight ounce and a fluid ounce are basically the same.

Thanks, yes, if you look back I not only did dry measure, i also did by weight. I am a soap maker and used my soap scale. Good point to make though.

mmaddie's mom :

I figured out ( by dividing 10 by 125 ) that I need .08 oz. of Corid powder in a gallon of water. 8/100 oz.? How can I translate that to teaspoons, etc? I'm no math wiz and can use some help.
And that is the dosage for a calf... would that work for a banty chicken?
thanks again.

.08 oz. = .48 tsp so basically a 1/2 tsp.​

Probably why I use Sulmet. I add one cap to a gallon size plastic waterer at first signs of cocci.

If I have a chick that's really sick, I'll mix some Sulmet and a little water together and then pour it over some crumbles and stir it all up and let them eat it. If I have one that's literally on death's door - I give them a drop or two of Sulmet pure strength/straight up by dribbling it on the side of their beak or opening their beak and putting a drop in front of beak. It perks them right up - it works fast.

Doesn't it figure? I Googled "corid dosage" and the only ones with a definitive answer was you guys! A scant 1/2 teaspoon to a gallon of water! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have 9 3-wk old pullets (started with 11) who were diagnosed yesterday with coccidosis! Had a devil of a time finding this stuff in this area. . .I was told to get Amprol and was unaware that Corid was the same thing. Ivesco helped me and instructed me to have my local hardware store call and they would overnight UPS it to them. I picked it up at 3 pm and then went cross-eyed trying to figure out how to reduce the dosage instructions to one gallon! You are my saviors! Thanks so much. They are the cutest little barred rocks. . .and one 6-wk old rooster mutt that I've named Woody because he looks like Woody woodpecker! Blue feet with 2 "thumbs" and feather that cover the feet, and a white Polish pom pom on top of his head. The rest of his feathers are red. They showed me his mom and dad and they're both beautiful but so far this guy is just comical. He is already doing his job already since when I enter the coop he rounds them up and shields them behind him. Just what I was looking for.

Anyway, thanks for helping me in this great time of need. Should've known that everything I need would be on the BackYard Chickens Forum!

Just to revive this topic a bit....since I was currently looking for a definitive answer on this and did some research. Our friends at PoultryShowCentral have this information

The dose is as follows:
*Amprolium (Corid) liquid form (9.6% solution) 2ml/gallon of water for 5 days.
*Corid 20% Soluble Powder 4 oz/50 gal water (treatment) 4 oz/100 gal water (prevention) or 1.5 tablespoons per gallon for treatment and 1 tablespoon per gallon for prevention.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for this info! I purchased a 5 week girl from tsc swap and she is now (next day) very sick. The instructions given to me at tsc were "just sprinkle in water" I did this and now realize I sprinkled waaaay too much. Hope there no adverse effects =( any thoughts?
Also, will allowing healthy chicks to drink same water harm them? I bought one from a local who treated her birds already. I am mostly concerned for her.

Just to revive this topic a bit....since I was currently looking for a definitive answer on this and did some research. Our friends at PoultryShowCentral have this information

The dose is as follows:
*Amprolium (Corid) liquid form (9.6% solution) 2ml/gallon of water for 5 days.
*Corid 20% Soluble Powder 4 oz/50 gal water (treatment) 4 oz/100 gal water (prevention) or 1.5 tablespoons per gallon for treatment and 1 tablespoon per gallon for prevention.

Hope this helps!

For treatment I use 9.5ml/gallon.

Back
Top Bottom