Corid dosing

Pics
I just went in there to check on Puffy Waddles and she seems better her Waddles are a little smaller and she ate some grains and she's eating the apple sauce and walking around wanting to go back to her regular Coupe.

Did you say you thought you had external parasites (lice/mites)?

Check the swollen wattles for any insect bites or ticks. It's odd that the swelling is going down so quickly after she ate.

Possible dehydration?
I dont see any bugs. We just had 10 days of 100 plus temps. I have large fans to cool them and large water buckets they sometimes stand in. Had sprinklers going in their yard ouside coup. They seemed to stay cool walking on the wet ground and pecking puddles. Heard that was bad to keep area wet so turned them off. Been a little cooler except yesterday and today was 95°. Still really hot in the coups with fans blowing hot air :( lots of windows and always windy up here. Not sure what else to do to keep them cool. Frozen waters, block ice maybe? Should have started electrolytes sooner :(

Hi, they are both doing better. I still have a few questions though and my service is very weak. The one with the swollen Waddles is better, maybe she got stung or bit by something. They are only a little bit swollen now and she is eating and acting fine. The other one who wasn't eating ate a little bit of crumble mixed with water last night and is continuing to drink.she seems a little peppier and feisty or today. Still not not much food but I'm trying to offer applesauce, pears, hard-boiled egg yolks and the crumble with water also she still has probiotics and Gatorade in her water. Finished with the Corid. I'm not sure if I should add that to her water. Also her crop feels better but still was full this morning and a little bit gritty, so I think I might do some more massaging today on her. Thanks for asking!!! I hope I'm able to see replies once I get home. I had to drive down the street so I can see any messages.

I have a
Corid should be put into water at 2 tsp of the liquid, or 1 1/2 tsp of the powder in each gallon of water. Some will give 2 drops twice a day to a very ill bird to boost them at first, but they should drink it in the water. The treatment should be given for 7 days, and usually it is best to treat all chickens for coccidiosis at once. How old is your chicken, and what other symptoms is it showing? Here is some reading about coccidiosis:
http://www.thepoultrysite.com/publications/2/Coccidiosis Management/43/symptoms-and-diagnosis/
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/coccidiosis-what-backyard-chicken.html
I have a going on day 2 with corid. It’s not drinking or eating at all. I’m syringing the water mixture into it mouth. It is safe to dose with 2-3 drops to help it get a boost?

Back
Top Bottom