Corid dosing?

JamminCats

Chirping
Apr 13, 2020
I suspect my girls may have cocci. I’d like to treat them ASAP but I’m a little bit stuck on dosing. I have a fairly large bottle corrid . The dosing instructions says 16 ounce for every 100 gallons. My waterer is only about 1 gallon… I’m really not good at math so I’m wondering what the dosing would be for my 1 gallon water? I want to make sure I have correct dosing as I don’t want to overdose them and kill them...it’s a large bottle. Somebody told me 10ml but that seems like too much.

Why is that?
Corid (amprolium) acts as a thiamine blocker and starves the coccidia of thiamine. (which is required by coccidia for normal growth and reproduction.) So you don't want to give any vitamins or minerals until after they are done being treated. Otherwise you could be working against the Corid and feeding the coccidia.

*Update*
Marilyn is still not herself but eating better and feels well enough to chirp incessantly when away from her flock (I have been cooping her separately to gove her wet feed (soaked in corid infused water) mixed w scrambled eggs. I can tell she has more energy than yesterday morning so I am thrilled about that! Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom