Corid medicine for chick's

zoruagalaxy

Chirping
Apr 6, 2022
Southern TX
How much corid powder do you add to 3 week chick's drinking water? I'm doing the 5 day treatment. I don't want to give them too much because they're still small. So I'm looking for an exact amount. I'm not using a big gallon tub for their water. I'm using a small feeder.

Attachments

• 20220415_173521.jpg
    20220415_173521.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220415_173512.jpg
    20220415_173512.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220415_175450.jpg
    20220415_175450.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Corid (Amprolium) dose is the same regardless of age.

Powdered Corid dose for chickens is 1 1/2 tsp per gallon of water given as the only source of drinking water for 5-7 days.

The instructions on the back of the package is for cattle, not chickens.
We did 7 days of corid, and have been 7 days off corid. Flock all seem healthy, but I've noticed that one of our 14 girls has a runny, reddish/brown poop (Sorry, no picture). I have not noticed it all the time, as most of the chicks have what I'd say was typical green/brown with the white tip poop. Do you think it would be wise to re-start the corid?

We did 7 days of corid, and have been 7 days off corid. Flock all seem healthy, but I've noticed that one of our 14 girls has a runny, reddish/brown poop (Sorry, no picture). I have not noticed it all the time, as most of the chicks have what I'd say was typical green/brown with the white tip poop. Do you think it would be wise to re-start the corid?
Is it cecal poop that you are seeing?

Is it cecal poop that you are seeing?
From all the pictures I just looked at, it does look like cecal poop although it was a bit runnier. Since I don't see this poop everyday, I'm thinking it is cecal poop. So, there's nothing to worry about? I'll wait for your response WR. Thanks for your valuable experience and input!

Looks like cecal poop.
Is she acting normal, eating/drinking/active?
I'm not sure which one it is, but they all seem fine. Active, eating, drinking, scratching, fly-running" (my term). I don't notice any particular one acting differently. Thanks for your reply, as always!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom