Corid to a chicken who was already on medications?

I can keep her inside but she doesn't like that much either. My chickens are spoiled with free range and you can't take that love away lol
Can you free range her away from the other chickens? Is she laying eggs, or no? If she isn’t I would probably switch off later feed and use chick starter instead. Sick chickens need a lot of protein, so even if she is laying switching her to chick starter with crushed eggshells on the side would also work.

Can you free range her away from the other chickens? Is she laying eggs, or no? If she isn’t I would probably switch off later feed and use chick starter instead. Sick chickens need a lot of protein, so even if she is laying switching her to chick starter with crushed eggshells on the side would also work.
She's been out of the hospital for almost a month now and has improved I will post pictures of her before and after. Doctor directed to feed normal food (I mashed it up)

IMG_20200619_213849_01.jpg
IMG_20200708_185325.jpg

She's been out of the hospital for almost a month now and has improved I will post pictures of her before and after. Doctor directed to feed normal food (I mashed it up)
If she isn’t laying eggs she shouldn’t be eating later feed if that’s what’s normal. My vet looked at me like I was a Martian when I asked for corid awhile ago to treat a sick chick, so I take their advice with a pinch of salt. The excess calcium isn’t good for non-laying hens, and layer feed is typically quite low in protein.

I do want to add she has gained a pound during her recovery!

Probably not.... I asked them if they see chickens often and they said rarely and no one ever hospitalizes a chicken. It costed me $2550
Is there a decimal point between 25 and 50? I hope so! If not, I hope you hit the Florida lottery.

Coccidia will always show up on a microscopic slide no matter what. It's the count on the slide that matters. If the microscopic slide only shows a few coccidia, that is normal and everything should be fine. However if the slide is loaded with coccidia, then there's a problem and treatment will be needed. Ask them if the slide was full of coccidia or just a few that were seen.
Corid is a thiamine blocker and not an antibiotic. It should be safe to give your bird. There shouldnt be any contraindications with other meds.

Is there a decimal point between 25 and 50? I hope so! If not, I hope you hit the Florida lottery.

Coccidia will always show up on a microscopic slide no matter what. It's the count on the slide that matters. If the microscopic slide only shows a few coccidia, that is normal and everything should be fine. However if the slide is loaded with coccidia, then there's a problem and treatment will be needed. Ask them if the slide was full of coccidia or just a few that were seen.
Corid is a thiamine blocker and not an antibiotic. It should be safe to give your bird. There shouldnt be any contraindications with other meds.

:bow Dawg has spoken. That's very good input THANK YOU

Back
Top Bottom