Cornish Cross, Hybrid or Purebred?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubaniton

In the Brooder
Oct 4, 2023
Cornish Cross chickens are a breed on their own (Purebred), the myth (lies) of it being a hybrid was spread and continues to be pushed by large chicken farms to avoid competition and prevent a large section of individual (private) chicken breeders from raising and hatching their own meat birds (Cornish Cross).

The secret to raising a Cornish Cross to adulthood, is to restrict the amount of food you give it. Provide just enough food to sustain the bird in a healthy fashion, and they will flourish like any other chicken, that in itself is the most difficult part of raising these birds, because it is very easy to just over feed them, then have them die, and then claim that these birds just don't live past x amount of weeks or months.

Share what you think....

Cornish Cross chickens are a breed on their own (Purebred), the myth (lies) of it being a hybrid was spread and continues to be pushed by large chicken farms to avoid competition and prevent a large section of individual (private) chicken breeders from raising and hatching their own meat birds (Cornish Cross).

The secret to raising a Cornish Cross to adulthood, is to restrict the amount of food you give it. Provide just enough food to sustain the bird in a healthy fashion, and they will flourish like any other chicken, that in itself is the most difficult part of raising these birds, because it is very easy to just over feed them, then have them die, and then claim that these birds just don't live past x amount of weeks or months.

Share what you think....
Welcome to BYC! They are hybrids, last time I checked.

Articles promoted by the Chicken Farm Industry perhaps? Could you get an article of yours to be published in any famous magazine? See where I am heading with this?
Hmm... That would be good, but this is BYC. Articles are published for users to see i.e. chicken care. Not really promoted by the chicken industry but some articles are.

I would like to see individuals who have actually raised and bred Cornish Cross chickens and to share what results they got, such as if the chicks grew just as fast and as large as the parents.

I did such a thing, but I would like to see and hear from others who have done similarly, to help those who might be wanting to do it, but question the whole idea because of all the lies surrounding the Cornish Cross chicken.
Hmm... That would be good, but this is BYC. Articles are published for users to see i.e. chicken care. Not really promoted by the chicken industry but some articles are.
I appreciate this site, but don't get it wrong, what we have here is just a chat room.

I would like to see individuals who have actually raised and bred Cornish Cross chickens and to share what results they got, such as if the chicks grew just as fast and as large as the parents.

I did such a thing, but I would like to see and hear from others who have done similarly, to help those who might be wanting to do it, but question the whole idea because of all the lies surrounding the Cornish Cross chicken.

I appreciate this site, but don't get it wrong, what we have here is just a chat room.
Oh okay. Sorry for the inconvenience. I hope you enjoy BYC though!

I would like to see comments from individuals who have actually raised and bred the Cornish Cross chickens, and to share what results they got from it, if the chicks grow as large and as fast as the stock parents. I have done it, but I would like to see what others have experienced, and more importantly, to motivate others who have not tried it, to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom