Cornish Cross or Leghorns?

So, Hoover's and TSC come back stating "..their physical appearance looks like that of a white leghorn..." . After I pushed back explaining their body building physique, the fact that they range 12-14 lbs, and oddly enough laid a couple of BROWN eggs last week they're willing to refund or reship.

I have quite a few fully mature cornish but not the fastest growing strain. One hen is a pet now. She wants me to pick her up but no one else to touch her. She's a real daddy's girl. 4 giant roosters that are like small turkeys. We will breed 4-5 of these big boys to some of the off spring of the cornish girls the way broad breasted turkeys are. I did loose 2 of the roosters to heart attacks but no others. I didn't feed them just because they were hungry. My pet hen must weigh 12-14 lbs and now I only pick her up to eye level in a game we have played since she was about 4lbs called riding the elevator. She still likes it but now when gets one ride. Have here is like going to the gym.
Thanks for this. I have always wondered if they would be breedable

This happened to me too!! We got a chicken labeled White Leghorn back in April. She's 9 weeks old now and looks like those pics. She doesn't seem to have too much trouble moving, but can't seem to perch like everyone else, preferring to be on the ground cuddling the smaller birds.

In February we ordered white leghorn chicks through tractor supply. They came directly from the hatchery though. Fast forward about 11 weeks and I swear they’re Cornish Cross. They’re huge! Starting to see mobility problems that don’t appear to be anything other than weight and that’s with having limited food intake for a few weeks. Has anyone ever been sent the wrong breed like this? Interested to hear your experience. I’ll see if I can get a decent picture of them tomorrow.
How heavy is huge. At 11 weeks Cornish Cross should weigh live weight at least 8-9lbs based on what mine did with controlled feeding.

Got some pictures for reference guys .

Attachments

• IMG_7640.jpg
    IMG_7640.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7639.jpg
    IMG_7639.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7638.jpg
    IMG_7638.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7636.jpg
    IMG_7636.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7635.jpg
    IMG_7635.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for this. I have always wondered if they would be breedable
Never allow CC roosters try to mate with any hen of any breed. Research AI breeding on youtube. There is a college professor that show how. It's really simple but takes 2 people to do it safely. A lot easier with chickens than 45lb turkey gobblers.

Back
Top Bottom