Cornish Thread

I am so sorry for your loss. Maybe its better this way. You do not have to cull him and he died on his own terms. Again I am sorry. I wish the best for your eggs. He may produce something better than himself.
Thank you,I am curious to see how his offspring fare. I will be purchasing a pair of SOP birds to do like your doing next month

@JRNash Good luck indeed!!!

This will be my last post for a while...I'll be traveling soon and will be back home to West Virginia and will be picking up some additional 'fine feathered friends' very soon!

RON

Last edited:
Thank you all. Being away from home gives me ample time to think about the direction I wish to to take with my flock. First and foremost I will have to separate the different breeds. Its impossible to move forward when you don't have a clue as to who layed what with which rooster!!!I'm thinking the roosters will get their own breeding pens. I can leave the hens that are not on the breeding line in the big pen. What do y'all think

@JRNash Good luck indeed!!!

This will be my last post for a while...I'll be traveling soon and will be back home to West Virginia and will be picking up some additional 'fine feathered friends' very soon!

RON
Have a very safe trip with your family. Hear from you soon.
fl.gif

Good idea Nash. I'm wanting to build separate pens for mine at the new house to keep my better stock separated and incubate out of that pen. But that's going to take a few more jobs not at home.

Hope you have a safe pleasant trip home Hellbender. Good luck with your new flock members!

JR I think that's a great idea, I've come to the conclusion that roosters and hens are best kept separate for the most part too and they will be getting their own tractors. You can't move forward if you have one big flock of mixed birds, and as GJensen says, if you don't select your flock will become less and less productive.

Back
Top Bottom