Cornish Thread

I'm really liking my first chick that hatched, could it be that the pair I have give me something decent?

Well he's really dark ( or she )

Finally got some Standard Whites of good quality. Only a few months old but looks like four pullets one cockerel, I also know a friend who would be willing to let me borrow a rooster. Cant wait till they finish growing.

I took my standard White Laced Red Cornish to my first ever poultry show over the weekend in Jennings, LA. He is an 11 month old Cockeral and I know he has some issues such as leg color. Luckily, it was a small show (the greatest amount of birds were bantams) and their were only about 10 birds in the English class. I won Champion English with the fella below and reserve champion with my Red Dorking cockeral.

This fella was neck and neck with my New Hampshire cock that won Reserve champion Large Fowl. After the show the clerk for the judge said the New Hampshire barely beat the cornish. So, I am very pleased with my first show results. I picked up a second hen for this guy and she has GREAT leg color, so I may be able to improve that in future generations. I already have about 10 chicks from him and my current hens in the brooder.

I just love this breed and am so thankful to have been able to obtain this breeding stock.

This isn't a great picture of him. We had a hard time keeping him from fighting with ANY bird on either side...so he was always moving. They had to put tote lids between him and the other males when they moved him to winner's row.

Think I got my first throwback white chick to hatch from my big medicine Blue Laced Red project. This one has yellow down, and a 'silver' cast to it-- instead of the buff appearance of the white laced red.

Back
Top Bottom