Cornish Thread

Finally got him down to decent weight, 13.5 lbs...now to see if he likes the ladies
What's his breed??

I don't think Foghorn
is having much luck with the ladies. He is simply too heavy,he can't get balanced on the hens who he is smashing like a pancake. Fixing to try my hand at AI.First thing I have to do is build a cage so I'm not chasing his feathered behind all over creation.

I try not to get too involved with what others do but I have preached at every opportunity that keeping different species together is a bad practice. I know people who run cattle with goats and inevitably goats get trampled...at the very least.

I'll be getting some Muscovy ducks (pretty soon) and no matter how much we like the ducks, we like the chickens too much to subject them to the filth that water fowl is bound to entail. They can't help it...it's part of the program but if I couldn't keep them segregated, I'd have NO ducks!

old.gif

Last edited:
I don't think Foghorn
is having much luck with the ladies. He is simply too heavy,he can't get balanced on the hens who he is smashing like a pancake. Fixing to try my hand at AI.First thing I have to do is build a cage so I'm not chasing his feathered behind all over creation.

Try soaking his legs in warm water and Epsom salt for like 15 minutes or so

JRNash I've thought about AI but not sure I want to head in that direction. I want birds that reproduce on their own but that doesnt mean Im not willing to do AI to get there....not sure yet

Back
Top Bottom