Cornish Thread

If you plan to use the cornish roaster pullet in your breeding programs ,and you keep the weight down i mean the feed is minimal so as to not have the rapid weight gain ,when can you expect her to start laying .?

If you plan to use the cornish roaster pullet in your breeding programs ,and you keep the weight down i mean the feed is minimal so as to not have the rapid weight gain ,when can you expect her to start laying .?

At 16 weeks you must increase the feed or her reproductive tract not develop, and she will be delayed. This is the tap dance of death. Your Cornish cross are the terminal cross between a male meat line and a female line that will produce eggs. Together they produce the end product of a meat chick. Feed them carefully and correctly they will produce eggs anywhere from 18 to 23 weeks.

Last edited:
At 16 weeks you must increase the feed or her reproductive tract not develop, and she will be delayed. This is the tap dance of death. Your Cornish cross are the terminal cross between a male meat line and a female line that will produce eggs. Together they produce the end product of a meat chick. Feed them carefully and correctly they will produce eggs anywhere from 18 to 23 weeks.
thanks i will take the advice and try next spring.

Got eggs pippin
1f62c.png

How are the chicks coming Dave C? 1 of my Dark Cornish hens is setting 8 eggs. 2 are my Spangled Cornish bantams. They just started laying and shouldn't be used for hatching but I had them right next to my broody hen so I put 'em in.

Good luck with the hatch CLSranch
1f44d.png

11 little Cornish Chicks hatched out of 24 eggs.
They were bought in to use with my big rooster next year. If there any good.
So traveled by post, hatches are never that good.

Last edited:
We have hurricane Hermine coming thru, hoping power doesnt go out on incubator...should have some chicks sunday

Back
Top Bottom