Cornish Thread

Nice looking roo. My Blue Bantams were much more blue. They may not have been supposed to. Yours at still a young age looks half Dark C, or is it just me?
Wanting to know because I may be incubating a few of my 1 blue hens eggs and don't want what it's not supposed to look like. I'm not home or I'd send pics of her.
remember blue in the US is different than the Blue in the UK, In the UK blue or Blue laced are double laced like the darks with the black replaced by blue color, in the US blues are a solid blue color.

remember blue in the US is different than the Blue in the UK, In the UK blue or Blue laced are double laced like the darks with the black replaced by blue color, in the US blues are a solid blue color.

And blue laced red Cornish bantams are single laced. Isn't that right ? Been a while since I have seen one

I'd say you have a pretty good looking framework standing there. As to the paint, are you consistently getting that light blue, even from blue to black breedings ?

my two lil cornish few months back with their lil halfblood BCMaran poults .

Have not been able to get a black laced red with good enough type to try I have one from this year's hatch that is looking promising and I have found a blue laced red pullet with proper blue color so next year could be good but don't want to count your chicks before they hatch

Thought I would post a picture of my SL Cornish bantam project that I've been working on for 4 years now. This pullet is 20 weeks old, 7/8 cornish and 1/8 SL Wyandotte.I think in 3 or 4 more generations I might be there.Chicks are definitely NOT uniform yet, but I have about half a dozen pullets like this

Back
Top Bottom