Cornish Thread

Do you think it'd work on keeping goats in? It's pricey for a darn goat. But my new fence isn't working. I don't know if it's not enough to charge all the heavy gauge wire. It should be good enough for twice the length or more of fence that I have.

​And it is so aggravating when you are trying to breed toward birds that do better free ranging when you can not even let them do that. My great grandparents used to keep around 100 game birds free ranged and the only time any would get killed was by them to cut down on the extra roosters and old hens.
we have to many predators arial and on the ground ,,sad thing is our hands are tied by the government, i wouldn't be a blatant predator killer ,but i see no problems killing predators of my stock , there is alot wrong in way too many laws.

​Do you think it'd work on keeping goats in? It's pricey for a darn goat. But my new fence isn't working. I don't know if it's not enough to charge all the heavy gauge wire. It should be good enough for twice the length or more of fence that I have.
electric type netting is good thing to have in the poultry yard ,, but at times a wild goat can become entangled and die.

Don't use netting. One wire about a ft high another at 2 ft. It will keep pigs,goats ect. Where you want them.
Has to be a good charger though.

I tried that with a ground wire in between and a barb wire above that for the horses in there. They learned run and you don't get shocked. Also had it on the 5 strand barb with a hot right under the bottom wire about 5 or 6 inches hi then a heavy gauge ground and another hot and another hot. They run faster and break the bottom wire. Set up a new fence 5 strand barb wire 2 heavy heavy gauge hots and another regular gauge hot wire. On a acre I can't get my 10 ml charger to work. Looked over again for grounded spots or anything. Unhook it and put just on the other little pen I had for the horses works fine. Thinking about getting another BIG charger and separating the 2. But that's a lot of $$$ and I already own the 10 charger.

Back
Top Bottom