Cornish Thread

That makes more sense, I didn't see the WLR lacing pattern on the hen, and just assumed her to be a WLR though.

Might I ask, where did you get these two birds?

Quote:
I got them from local lady whom I believe picked them up at a show here in NY. I originally got them just for meat, but now my daughter is 4H age and we want to get into showing locally, so I am researching the snot out of them (and the other breeds I have.) I was told that I just need to get my butt to a show and check it all out and pick the breeders brains to learn more too.

Quote:
Are you sure they aren't hatchery stock ??, they really have that look to them. Meaning very slight builds and washy coloring without definition, slight leg shanks, and the heads seem way off. JMO

Quote:
Are you sure they aren't hatchery stock ??, they really have that look to them. Meaning very slight builds and washy coloring without definition, slight leg shanks, and the heads seem way off. JMO

That's what I thought...

102759_025.jpg

Here is a picture I had taken a few months ago of same Roo "Egor" and his Daughter "jessie" she is rather small still at 8 mnths old, what should I be looking for? I will get out to the chicken yard today and get some picutes and try to grab some weights.

See if you can get some good detailed pic's at different angles highlighting things like, stance, shoulders as viewed from above, neck hackles, wing/chest/body feather coloring, eye color, good face close-up's, good side and frontal views. this will also help us help you.

AL

I know when I plan to take some photo's of them they never want to cooperate LOL. good luck and looking forward to seeing them.

Quote:
Awesome, thanks,, I gotta get the bambino down for a nap then I'll have a few minutes to concentrate on that. -erin-

WOW, i was WAY off, my large Roo only weighs (on human scale in my arms) 4 lbs.
off to take more pictures. so I probably have bantams huh.

Back
Top Bottom