Cornish Thread

Pics
Ok so I found a fat little egg today. Not a marans egg obviously, so What are the chances it is my Cornish Bantam hen?? I still have them running loose. I have a couple young odd pullets but this was close where the hen perch every night. I might hatch it to see what comes out.

90% sure it's Cornish.... Right color and shapeUnless, you have silkies running lose too. Only one way to know for sure wand that to eat it ....joking

Hi everyone,
I have a question for the Bantam Cornish people....has anyone seen this article in BYP mag from aug/sept of 2011? The article is Greylegs: A Homemade Bantam Breed by Felix Blanchet. Apparently, these Cornish lay green eggs and have grey legs. Anyway, I am awaiting the back issue of the magazine as he has offered me some of his stock for free.He is an older man who wants someone to continue with his project, and as I had sold his brother some turkey poults and we got along really well, it ended up with me talking to Felix. I plan on going on a 3 1/2 hour trip to see his birds and he is going to give me some starter birds.I was wondering if anyone had seen this article and what you thought of the birds?

I am dying to receive the article!!

Thanks for any help/input!
smile.png

Hi everyone,
I have a question for the Bantam Cornish people....has anyone seen this article in BYP mag from aug/sept of 2011? The article is Greylegs: A Homemade Bantam Breed by Felix Blanchet. Apparently, these Cornish lay green eggs and have grey legs. Anyway, I am awaiting the back issue of the magazine as he has offered me some of his stock for free.He is an older man who wants someone to continue with his project, and as I had sold his brother some turkey poults and we got along really well, it ended up with me talking to Felix. I plan on going on a 3 1/2 hour trip to see his birds and he is going to give me some starter birds.I was wondering if anyone had seen this article and what you thought of the birds?

I am dying to receive the article!!

Thanks for any help/input!
smile.png

Not to burst your bubble of excitement! And keep in mind I am not a Cornish expert, there are others on here with greater tenure, but I dont believe they would be considered a Cornish......a NEAT project perhaps!

Nonetheless, it would be interesting to see what his project fowl look like.

Back
Top Bottom