Cornish X chicks near Dallas TX

bachbach1

Songster
7 Years
Jun 27, 2013
I am about 50 miles north of Dallas TX, near Pilot Point TX, and I want to raise about 10 cornish X chickens for the freezer. The problem is There is a minimum purchase of 25. Is there anyone in the area that would want any of the 25. I would only be looking to recover cost, no profit. 10 birds is enough for me.

I had a similar issue--I only wanted 6-8 broilers, and the minimums and/or shipping were impossible. I ended up requested my feed store order some, and they did! I'm not sure they'll go for it next time, so I'm going to go through Ideal Poultry for their broilers--the have a $25 minimum, which is about 13 broilers, and shipping is only $7. A few more broilers than what I was comfortable with (to start with), but the 8 I have growing so far have been easy to manage. 5 more won't be an issue.

My sister lives near Pilot Point. Maybe she could pick them up for me for her next visit up here after her order.

Which hatchery are we talking about? I'm not sure I want to do more meat birds this late in the season, but maybe if they allow a mix shipment I could order some hybrid layers, depending on the hatchery and availability. Barring that, maybe I could squeeze a few meat birds in for a bit.

Let me know your plans and the hatchery and we'll talk.

I was going to say Ideal Poultry as well. I live in the Rio Grande Valley, and I've been flirting with the idea of buying some cornish x from them.
good luck

Back
Top Bottom