Cornish X Feed by week?

ssramage

Songster
10 Years
Mar 8, 2013
St. Simons Island, GA
Has anyone kept up with feed #s per bird per week? A local poultry farm has all ages of broilers for sale, and prices them by age. My math brain is curious if there is a benefit to buying slightly older birds vs chicks based on feed consumption. For instance, 2-4 week old birds are $6 each vs $3 each for chicks.

I don't really have an answer to your question other than, yes, I have some feed records, but you will need to do some math based on your own feed costs.

I run alot of spreadsheets every season. The second picture is my main, go-to at least once a week reference. The first chart - how I calculate feed per week - is part of my main season overview just to be able to reference in case I see a problem in the computers math or something like that. I raise freedom rangers, but my calculations are based on cornish cross numbers, since I find they seem to be more accurate than anything I can find in terms of week-to-week data on freedom rangers

Edit to add: the numbers next to Batch A B C and D with the lime green background are my weekly feed needs per batch of 65 birds
ss11.png
ss22.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom