cornish x funny noise

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by cw, Jun 11, 2009.

1. cw

cw Songster

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    my 4 week old cornish cross make a funny noise when they poop
    its a wet squishy sound, we switched there feed up to 20% a week ago and thought thats whats caused this, but wouldnt that be stiil affecting them? they seem to eat this feed a whole lot better, they seem very healthy and actice, a little too active i am scared they will start having heart attacts with this hot weather movin in

2. danielbrown

danielbrown Songster

Feb 27, 2009
    Spartanburg, sc
    Maybe some chickens make noises when they poop? [​IMG]
    I'm sure it's not a problem.

3. cw

cw Songster

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    i hope there is 49 of them in a large coop

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD

Don't worry, they eat so much that it goes though pretty quick and comes out big ploppy sloppy and stinky. If they are still under 24/7 lighting, see if you can't either feed 12 on 12 off, or go by natural day light to prevent flip (death).

5. jaku

jaku Songster

If making wierd noises when you poop is something to be concerned about, I need to call 911.

6. cw

cw Songster

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    there not under a light and we feed 12 on and 12 off
    there droppings seem a little wet, and it is not black and white like the layers

7. Birdgirl

Birdgirl Songster

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Maybe they arent used to it quite yet. And the chickens are the ones making noises the poop coming out it making a wet sound right?

8. UncleHoot

UncleHoot Songster

May 22, 2007
    St. Johns, Michigan
    Quote:What my meat chickens poop looks a lot like what they just ate. It's definitely wetter and sloppier than my layer hens. I don't know why that is, but they've always been that way (I've done several batches), so I wouldn't be very concerned unless they develop other problems as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: