cornish x funny noise

cw

Songster
11 Years
Jan 11, 2009
green co.
my 4 week old cornish cross make a funny noise when they poop
its a wet squishy sound, we switched there feed up to 20% a week ago and thought thats whats caused this, but wouldnt that be stiil affecting them? they seem to eat this feed a whole lot better, they seem very healthy and actice, a little too active i am scared they will start having heart attacts with this hot weather movin in

Maybe some chickens make noises when they poop?
hu.gif

I'm sure it's not a problem.

Don't worry, they eat so much that it goes though pretty quick and comes out big ploppy sloppy and stinky. If they are still under 24/7 lighting, see if you can't either feed 12 on 12 off, or go by natural day light to prevent flip (death).

there not under a light and we feed 12 on and 12 off
there droppings seem a little wet, and it is not black and white like the layers

Maybe they arent used to it quite yet. And the chickens are the ones making noises the poop coming out it making a wet sound right?

Quote:
What my meat chickens poop looks a lot like what they just ate. It's definitely wetter and sloppier than my layer hens. I don't know why that is, but they've always been that way (I've done several batches), so I wouldn't be very concerned unless they develop other problems as well.

Back
Top Bottom