Cornish X problem

myhubbycallsmechickeemama

Songster
8 Years
May 9, 2011
Arco, ID
One of my smaller Cornish X 5 week old chicks is having a hard time standing this afternoon. It will stand up, take a few wobbly steps and falls back onto it's bum. I have separated it from the rest but wondering if there is anything I need to do?
sad.png
It's still eating, drinking and pooping normally.

Thank you for any help.

completely normal. wait til their 5-6 weeks old, they sit around and try to stand, but normally just wobble back down. if you dont want to fatten them up so much, pull the food every 12 hours, but beware of monsters ready to eat your arm off when you go to put the food back after 12 hour absence. Freakin dinosaurs.

Quote:
I weighed it this afternoon and it only weighs 3.1 lbs. It's definitely one of the smaller ones and that is what freaks me out. Should we just keep it separate and fatten it up or should we go ahead and cull it?

I had one that was doing that last week, he was 4 weeks and one of the smaller ones. He would sit funny and his legs would stick out to the side a little. I finally culled him because he wasn't able to get up anymore and I felt really bad for him. He did make a tasty dinner
smile.png

Quote:
I weighed it this afternoon and it only weighs 3.1 lbs. It's definitely one of the smaller ones and that is what freaks me out. Should we just keep it separate and fatten it up or should we go ahead and cull it?

I personally would cull the bird who couldn't get up and move about, and did so earlier this evening. He weighed out @ 3 lbs dressed, but couldn't hardly move when I arrived home from work. A few minutes work = a great family dinner.

Back
Top Bottom