Cornish X~ really small

Best of luck. Shipping is hard on chicks, and them being cornish x's, sometimes they just don't do so well and you may end up easily losing half by the time you are ready to eat them.

yes , where did u get them , i was wondering , too.
i got 104 from MMH and they are HUGE !!!
I only have 99 after almost 5 weeks and , you sem to be way up in terms of death of birds from mine &
sad.png
others i have read here on this post.

I ordered through a local feed store who ordered them from Ideal. They were due on a Friday and that would have been their second day in shipping but they didn't get there till the next day. So far so good, still holding at 19 right now and everyone in high spirits. Temp in brooder has been staying steady the whole time. Plenty of food and water. Going through the food like little cows. Hubby siad to go ahead and order Red Broilers a couple weeks before I process these birds. Will order 23 of those and two other kinds for layers. I am really disappointed though in all these deaths. I know to expect some from what I have been reading but I didn't think that there would be this many. Not sure what I should do. Just keep my fingers crossed I guess.

Yeah, thats all you can do. All hatchries get their hatching eggs for the meat birds from pretty much the same few stocks. Shipping and stress can do a HUGE number on them. Best of luck!

no I didn't call. I thought about calling the feed store to see what they would say but I ended up not being home most the day and they run short hours. So far so good at 19 today. Will go check again in just a little bit. They sure do eat alot even when they are that little.
smile.png

Sorry about so many losses, I guess so far we are lucky, we ordered from MMH (25 but got 26) , all are still doing great... We got the protien powder to put in thier water. Not sure if maybe that helps with some of the problems or not. Hope you have better luck with the rest. Another thing we have to change thier bedding every other day, although it may turn into an everyday thing , so much more poo now that they are getting older!!!

I still have 19 right now and everyone looks and acts great. I change their bedding everyother day and they had sugar water the first day. My DH told me that we will go through MMH and order more at the end of June. He told me to go ahead buy the protein stuff for their water to. So, so far so good. Keeping fingers crossed that I don't lose anymore.

Yes, I hope you don't , the more I read on here the more conflicted I get about what you should and shouldn't do! I just went by what MMH said to do and everything is going good , We even had them vaccinate them for Mareks and cocci., it wasn't much more for that..... Not sure if that helped as well but I know when we order more we will have them vaccinated again, sure keeps me from any more worries than I already have...... And the protien is a very good idea....

Hope all goes well from here on out for you!!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom