CORONA CALIFORNIA - seeking other chicken crusaders!

Hi BYC friends, i live in Corona and read we could have chickens starting 3/2014 so I got some. Two of my babies turned out to be roos. I'm so sad... I love Nugget & Boots. Ugh, it gets worse. I got a letter from animal control today. A few of my neighbors have had chickens since 2002 with no problems. I know I cant kerp my boys but PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP ME CHANGE THE LAWS! My neighbors dogs and outdoor cats are more of a smelly disturbance/pain then my girls are. We have a nark in the neighborhood, so sad!

Last edited:
Count me in !!! I live off Lincoln and would love some, but my Sq Footage is not large enough for the current codes that allow chickens !

Hi All.
I live in Riverside county and looking for support to change the county ordinance setback and property sqft limits. Just started so hopefully I can learn more from what Corona for Chickens have done so far.

If you'd like more information about Corona's chicken "movement" join us on facebook. Search "Chickens for Corona" group.

We've been at a stand still for a while after the strict ordinance was adopted last year, but it sounds like we might start up again talking with the City to revise the ordinance to reduce lot size and setbacks. We can use all the help we can get - especially getting the city to hear voices of support.

For more info on the rules of the ordinance, see the website below.

http://www.innercirclecorona.com/corona-will-now-allow-backyard-hens/

We are re-grouping here in Corona and would love your support. Our "Chickens for Corona" group is meeting this Sunday, October 25, 7:30pm outside the Starbucks at Corona Crossings. Please join us!

Back
Top Bottom