1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

CORONA CALIFORNIA - seeking other chicken crusaders!

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by elhjones, Jun 21, 2012.

1. ValD

ValD Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2012
    This is great!!! Thank you very much!!

2. bstevenf

bstevenf New Egg

Feb 19, 2013
    I too live in Corona, in West Corona, near Ontario and Border. We have a house with 1/2 acre lot and could have a coop located 50ft from the neighbors houses. We are highly interested in supporting to change this law to allow even 4-8 hens. No Roosters, but hens should be unobtrusive to neighbors.

Please let me know where to sign!

I dont want to lead this campaign, but I will support it if someone wants to head it up.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  3. elhjones

elhjones Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2012
    Corona, California
    thanks bstevenf! with a few more recent posts from others interested in Corona I will try to find some time to get a petition going. I think what would be most helpful is to spread the word. Once I get a petition together (i've seen a lot online that can be sent via e-mail) perhaps you and the others could share it with friends in Corona(if you know anyone who would be supportive).

Next step might be to attend a City Council meeting (as a chicken supporter).

I'll keep you all posted on any progress I'm able to make.

Thanks!!!

4. elhjones

elhjones Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2012
    Corona, California
  5. Regalizpoodles

Regalizpoodles New Egg

Mar 10, 2013
    Hi everyone I am new to the forum. Is there anyone in Eastvale CA ? Eastvale used to be part of Corona. I think our city is under Jurupa Valley laws. I am very shocked Corona doesn't allow Chickens.

6. puffin311

puffin311 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2013
    So. Cal
    Have you guys checked out Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts on meetup.com? They seem to have meetups on changing chicken ordinances in Southern California.

7. Regalizpoodles

Regalizpoodles New Egg

Mar 10, 2013
    I will check it out thanks.

8. ValD

ValD Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2012
    Thank you for the info. I will check it out

9. elainel

elainel New Egg

Mar 14, 2013
    I too would like to see the law changed. A limited number with no rosters would not harm or annoy anyone.

10. LlamaTrauma

LlamaTrauma New Egg

Apr 8, 2013
    I just singed the petition!!! Was disappointed to find out that you cant keep chickens in Corona =(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by