Coronation Sussex Thread!

Pics
I have a coronation sussex that is always broody! and I mean always. She is broody for a couple weeks, her dry spell for a week or so and lays for 1-2 weeks. This has been her cycle since February. Do you you think letting her have chicks would break this cycle or is this just her way? I have had her since fall and she is about 1.5 years old.

[TR]
I have a coronation sussex that is always broody! and I mean always. She is broody for a couple weeks, her dry spell for a week or so and lays for 1-2 weeks. This has been her cycle since February. Do you you think letting her have chicks would break this cycle or is this just her way? I have had her since fall and she is about 1.5 years old.
[/TR]
I haven't experienced Broodiness in mine but when my silkies are constantly broody I put them to work. Let her raise some chicks , I would.

How can you tell if they will be coronation or light? I have no idea if mine are splits they are ggf stock is all I know? My roo is molting, and I put the bag down to spread some starter food for them as mom won't move them very far. Thanks.
Here they are about 3/4 days old.

Yes Coronation to Coronation will be Coronation. You will see the lavender in the neck start coming in first at around 3 weeks usually

Just wondering if Coronation Sussex eggs take longer to hatch than other breeds.
Today's day 21.
8 out of 9 Easter eggers have pipped or already hatched.
0 out of 8 Coronation Sussex have pipped. (They were all good sized &/or moving when I candled on day 18.)

Back
Top Bottom