𝓓𝓾𝓬𝓴𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰 π“Ÿπ“±π“Έπ“½π“Έπ“°π“»π“ͺ𝓹𝓱𝔂
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Nov 6, 2017
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
Hello to everyone from around the globe that is in this forum BYC! I am in Maine, US, and I was wondering if Coronavirus was by any chance effecting anybody's flocks in anyway. Is it effecting grain and grain delivery? What about their shavings, straw, bedding, etc? If you have it, will your birds catch it from you? If so, is it deadly to them? Even other chicken necessities, like new waterers and feeders, will it effect those? There is also other things, such as Oyster Shells and other chicken supplements and vitamins, along with other things that they may need medically. Should I be concerned about any of these things? Should I stock up on anything I might need for them? Is it going to effect shipments on anything flock related? Is the grain going to suddenly run out? How is this effecting those of you guys who are already dealing with all of this?

I'm in SoCal in the vND quarantine area. vND has not affected our feed supply. FDA and CDFA agents monitor the area for new cases and that includes feed lots but our supply of feed has been steady throughout the quarantine.

vND is a present certainty. If we can cope with that then I can't see why the mere potential for a virus that hasn't affected poultry would be an issue.

Go out and get what you can safely store. Then relax.

I'm in SoCal in the vND quarantine area. vND has not affected our feed supply. FDA and CDFA agents monitor the area for new cases and that includes feed lots but our supply of feed has been steady throughout the quarantine.

vND is a present certainty. If we can cope with that then I can't see why the mere potential for a virus that hasn't affected poultry would be an issue.

Go out and get what you can safely store. Then relax.
Thanks for the information. Is there any feed stores going to shut their doors, though. Not because of stock, but because they are afraid of the disease?

Hey. I have just heard some depressing news that people are being told to stay away from their animals because the animals may have it. Now everybody is bringing their animals to the local shelters to be put down. So, I was wondering if chickens or geese get coronavirus?

Hey. I have just heard some depressing news that people are being told to stay away from their animals because the animals may have it. Now everybody is bringing their animals to the local shelters to be put down. So, I was wondering if chickens or geese get coronavirus?
Animals have nothing to do with this virus. People are listening to misinformation and sadely animals are going to die unnecessarily. Please dispute any info you see like this and dont spread it around.
Internet is also good for finding facts do that when stupid stuff is put out there.

Back
Top Bottom