Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

@FortCluck I need to find a different phrase, I've used this one too often of late:

Cautiously optimistic.....

I've tried to keep the Chickie's thread updated on the ups and downs.

I've had a few small updates to the coop thread.

I'm almost done with the house repairs.

I'm not ready but, I'm as ready as I can be; for the kiddos to start school in full "home schooling mode" with our district.

My honey do list is starting to show some completions.

@FortCluck I need to find a different phrase, I've used this one too often of late:

Cautiously optimistic.....

I've tried to keep the Chickie's thread updated on the ups and downs.

I've had a few small updates to the coop thread.

I'm almost done with the house repairs.

I'm not ready but, I'm as ready as I can be; for the kiddos to start school in full "home schooling mode" with our district.

My honey do list is starting to show some completions.
I think a lot of peoples honey to do lists are getting done... I have been doing a lot more since the start of this than I ever have done before because everything I did do like swim meets... all cancelled.

Now I’m dehydrating everything because it’s yummy and my food isn’t going to waste this year.

Dehydrated tomatoes are my new obsession!

Lots of things have been getting done around here; prepping for chickens, getting sprinklers + proper drainage set up, redoing a bunch of old wiring, and we just finished planting all the berry plants in our garden. I'm almost worried about running out of time to get everything done, haha.

I've had my eye on a dehydrator for a while, especially for herbs - how easy are they to use?

Lots of things have been getting done around here; prepping for chickens, getting sprinklers + proper drainage set up, redoing a bunch of old wiring, and we just finished planting all the berry plants in our garden. I'm almost worried about running out of time to get everything done, haha.

I've had my eye on a dehydrator for a while, especially for herbs - how easy are they to use?
Very!
The trick is to get a quality one vs a cheapy won't dry properly one.

I've been dehydrating things for years. I do canning too, but drying gives better (and less space) storage option for saving extras....be they from your garden or when the local store has a good run on produce X.

Very!
The trick is to get a quality one vs a cheapy won't dry properly one.

I've been dehydrating things for years. I do canning too, but drying gives better (and less spoace) storage option for saving extras....be they from your garden or when the local store has a good run on produce X.
I agree and have had 2 different ones. My current one is a Nesco square shaped with the motor/fan on the top---easy to put on shelf, and motor doesn't get dirty from marinades/spices

Back
Top Bottom