Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

If I may forgiven for assuming.... If you are "66" then your not "old" by my perspective... Baba(my Gramma) pasted away last year at 103. By that and the genomic data that says our species is designed for 120-35+/- years.... Your just right at middle aged :cool: ;)

True dat?
He he.. thanks! I'll be be 67 on the 20th next month..maybe that will bring me closer to..old. 🤣

It's ok to be. I'll admit I'm afraid. I have a large family, I wouldn't want to lose any of them! I'm not afraid to die.
I'm old..😛 I just want to stick around to help my husband with what he's going through.
:hugs

I feel safe as long as I keep doing what we are doing.

When the H1N1 was the pandemic of the day, DH and I became sick when a lady we knew set across from us at a table at work and proclaimed that she was getting a cold. She wasn't. She was getting the swine flu. DH became sick first, then I followed 24 hours later. It's a wonder we didn't wind up in the hospital but as it was, we had to close down our business for 10 days in order to recuperate. Even then I coughed until spring.

That incident taught me a lot about what to do when the 'next time' rolled around.

First rule. Stay away from everyone! Second rule. Refer back to first rule. Third rule. FOOD! Lots and lots of food and keep it on hand.

Just found out we have 51 new cases today on my island, first time we have more than Oahu. Hawaii has been doing a great job overall. Lifted the 14 day quarantine last week with a negative test 72 hours prior to arrival. Big Island requiring a second test upon arrival, but having difficulty logistically performing the test at the airport.
Quarantine hotels on Oahu have been set up for people who have insufficient testing, getting tested at the wrong location or getting a positive test result.
Tourism is the driving economic force here and we have had the highest unemployment rate in the country. Officials here have worked hard on the reopening plan. Hope it works without seeing a significant increase in cases. Our hospital systems could not handle it. We will see. :)

Skeleton hand construction done. Time to spray it with white rubberized sealant to weather proof it before I paint it.
20201025_224345_HDR.jpg

I have three similarly constructed full hands (flesh and bones) and three large femur-size bones outside in my spray box. It looks like all of those together will have cost me about $15 in materials. A single skeleton hand is $5, a full hand is $8 and a femur pair is $25 from amazon or oriental trading company or walmart, so that's a steal IMO. (Prices listed are for life size replicas.)

Back
Top Bottom