Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Just found out we have 51 new cases today on my island, first time we have more than Oahu. Hawaii has been doing a great job overall. Lifted the 14 day quarantine last week with a negative test 72 hours prior to arrival. Big Island requiring a second test upon arrival, but having difficulty logistically performing the test at the airport.
Quarantine hotels on Oahu have been set up for people who have insufficient testing, getting tested at the wrong location or getting a positive test result.
Tourism is the driving economic force here and we have had the highest unemployment rate in the country. Officials here have worked hard on the reopening plan. Hope it works without seeing a significant increase in cases. Our hospital systems could not handle it. We will see. :)
Good luck to you! It occurs to me that somebody should be documenting, or rather archiving comments such as these .... somewhere. Somehow. This stuff is history.

Good luck to you! It occurs to me that somebody should be documenting, or rather archiving comments such as these .... somewhere. Somehow. This stuff is history.
Thanks. Yes, I agree. I am sure young people alive now, who are old enough to remember, will be telling their grandchildren about how they lived through this crazy time.:)

Never mind, I see you purchased them.

Neither. I did no purchasing. These are masking tape constriction. The skeleton hand has straws for the base of the bones. The hands have plastic single use grocery bags in them as filling. The femur bones are made out of appropriately sized sticks and more bags and tape. I'll show more pictures when it's not dark out - they're drying under my awning out back after having been sprayed. All the hands were modeled after my own hands.

I'm more sharing prices for similar objects because I'm a midwesterner and we love a good deal and some handycrafts. XD The only thing I bought was the $10 can of spray paint. The finishing paints and masking tape I had lying around. The masking tape got rained on and is mostly useless as masking tape too and it tears terribly. I used maybe 1 roll across all the projects.

I do hope you enjoyed the lighthearted nudge. Fellow 'youngin' .... Hope your hubby's doing better from what you hinted at.
He has Alzheimer's. I think I mentioned that I'm going in on Tuesday to have shoulder surgery .. need to be able to help lift him if the time comes he needs that kind of help..which I'm told, will. 💜💜

He has Alzheimer's. I think I mentioned that I'm going in on Tuesday to have shoulder surgery .. need to be able to help lift him if the time comes he needs that kind of help..which I'm told, will. 💜💜
I helped Baba with Grampa in the early years of his alzheimer's..... Lived with them for several months at a time or several days depending on his attitude.
:fl For a safe and good, clean surgery for you too!

I helped Baba with Grampa in the early years of his alzheimer's..... Lived with them for several months at a time or several days depending on his attitude.
:fl For a safe and good, clean surgery for you too!
Thank you..and, you know what's going on then. Such a sad and, mean, illness.

Back
Top Bottom