Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Boy! It's been a busy week here. I've been buried! I suppose I missed a lot. But, Oh Well! here we go.

I just looked at the calendar and discovered that tomorrow is Halloween! Fortunately, I've been mostly prepared for a good while. I have to go pound stakes in the lawn along the driveway tomorrow morning when my husband can help. Then we'll hang Halloween themed lights from them like a clothesline. I have all my candy waiting in a closet. I made these cute clothespins some time ago.

IMG_2754.JPG

So we'll pin each piece of candy to the light string "clothesline" and let the kids help themselves. I'm not a fool. I'll put out a dozen or so pieces at a time so there's still some for the last Trick or Treaters. But all should go smoothly from a safe social distance.

No idea IF or how many Trick or Treaters there will be but we'll be ready.

Someone said Halloween was their favorite childhood holiday. Me too! ...right after Christmas, that is. So I hope the kiddies will be able to have some safe fun.

I was able to solve a mystery for my Better-half, in less than 24 hrs....
Email to the election office in the evening.
Reply by 10:10AM
Phone them at noon to get clarification.
Supervisor found the email dialogue I had, while we were on the phone and assured me that he would have the phone number and address of all the southern most voting sites for my wife to "drive thru vote" while we wait for the test results for her and our other daughters.

She sent me this gorgeous smiling phone pic that she also had her "I voted" sticker too..... (Happy loving sigh)

I do hope everyone else has a positive voting experience, stays safe & as sane as possible too!

Peace out!
/End of line.

I've picked my scary stories to tell tomorrow. I cheated and grabbed some creepypastas.

I suggest "The Animals On My Farm Always Kill Their Newborns", "It Wasn't a Reindeer" and "Dog Children" if you wanna get spooked this spooktober. :) And maybe Smile.dog if you haven't read a creepypasta ever before.
Ar't thou a Pasta-farian? ;)

You should see what your options are for telemedicine. I work in this field. Very convenient for most patients, so many insurances are offering this now due to the pandemic. Some of them even have a video option and they can prescribe you antibiotics if you need it to your local pharmacy.😊
Yeah, I have done that. But now he wants a Covid test per CDC guidelines.

Sitting in drs office with the nurse, phone all of a sudden goes off like the Amber alert everyone has heard. The nurse looks around wondering what on the world! It came on loud on my phone...I said, must be an Amber alert. She says, must be. I look...it's a covid 19 alert! She checks her phone, she got it too. Everyone did in Utah! Warning us that hospitals are reaching their capacity. Mandating masks, to keep groups under 10. I had to go to the grocery store for prescriptions, and ..our bank is in there. I saw the parking lot was full! What in the world? Our daughter in law works at the same store in another city, at the same bank. She said their store got busy too. Folks, getting stocked up..again. 🙄.

I'm actually pretty sane believe it or not. I do worry about our kids..we have a lot...12 between the two of us. One of our Granddaughters is getting married. There will be many attending. I'm a bit worried for them. Neighbors just a few homes down from us just had a wedding. They got on and let us know not to come to their home for trick if treat because someone came to the wedding knowing they had been around someone with it. Happens easily. Hope our kids are very careful. We won't be going. :(. But...I'll be handing candy out. Like I said, older kids come later. :). I like seeing to see the costumes.

So update on testing..... My Better-half & 1 daughter is negative. The 3rd daughter is asymptomatic positive.

So I've started a "care package" for them. When we arrive at the Nat'L cemetery for F-i-L burial, I'll set the care pack next to the van for them to take back to the lake house.... They plan to stay in van for the burial. So now it's a 2+ week wait and see how they faire.

Back
Top Bottom