Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Yep. While he's permitted to comment on it, like most comment sections it doesn't mean the commenter fully understands it or that their comment is valuable or peer reviewed. Like I mentioned, it's a flawed calculation.
Well, I was lucky/quick enough to have read the name of this retired pediatrician and thus were able to learn more about his background etc. And I therefore think that he understands very well what he was writing about.

But I wonder what your background and professional experience in this field might be to make such statements about people that worked in this field all their lives.

From what I could gather from your linked Etsy profile, you call yourself " quote:

1611530405669.png

Nothing about Scientific Medical Researcher or similar to be found ;)

But I do not want to tackle or charge anyone and even less get drawn into any kind of tug and war about who is right or even "righter" on whatever concerns Covid or vaccines.

I came here to read some interesting posts and felt it important to preserve the etiquette on posting external texts without the permission of the author.

And now, I'll retire and leave you to it.

@LaFleche, what was presented was pure math that most people should be qualified to do. It's really a simple number crunch. If you think I'm wrong about my math you're welcome to run the numbers yourself and extrapolate based on population size.

I also trust the data presented by epidemiologists who don't use these sorts of numbers anywhere. I don't know more about epidemiology than most epidemiologists. I certainly don't expect a pediatrician to, any more than raising chickens for 7 years makes me know much about raising ducks. His name and comments are public so it's perfectly reasonable to include them.

Also digging into it, his published works appear to be staunchly anti-vaccine including a lot of research that doesn't look very good in the peer review sections...
https://www.bmj.com/content/364/bmj.l1481/rr-33
"-NAME- grasps at straws, ignores numerous vaccine safety studies, finds one possible death in someone with an undetected serious autoimmune disease, ignoring the innumerable lives protected by vaccines, accused vaccines of SIDS when as vaccines have increased, SIDS incidence has decreased, all in his continuous quest to undermine vaccines (see: Harrison, 2019a). " (comment by an epidemiologist)

In fact he has a history of it;
https://vaxopedia.org/2018/11/02/th...of-the-mystery-of-acute-flaccid-myelitis-afm/
Including the fact that he has a history where he uses the comments section on that specific website to push an agenda.

So you're right. Researching him WAS informative.

Last edited:
https://www.upi.com/Health_News/202...spread-of-COVID-19-study-finds/1881600350075/

There are more ongoing studies on iodine nasal and throat washes, but like hcq, ivermectin, zinc and many other preventatives and treatments, iodine rinses at 1-2% are generally recognized as safe. So its safe and may be effective. This is something people and their doctors can do today without having to wait for more studies to be finished. There is hope folks.

Oh man, and the other people who commented trying to fight the epidemiologist on epidemiology are all publicly working for AgeofAutism, which itself is an anti-vax extremist group dedicated to the idea that autism is linked to vaccines that's been heavily debunked and all research on it retracted and the people who promoted it had their licensing removed.

"the mercury-containing preservative blamed by -AgeofAutismWriter-, was removed from most vaccines as a precaution beginning in the late 1990s, with no effect on autism diagnosis rates. "

Following the money is fascinating sometimes.

I think it's really important to look at the data rather than speculation. At one point in time every vaccine was new. This type of vaccine may seem "new" but it's been under development world wide for decades. Lots of people have worked on it. Even Mexico was contributing to the technology development as far back as 2016. (The National Autonomous University of Mexico was helping work on it.)

Why don't you look at a bunch of the statistics and research? I think it would be good for you to seek it out and study it independently. Look for research studies, not news reports and definitely not videos and vlogs from people selling books. Just raw data. Things like how many people develop covid symptoms before and after the vaccine. Or what percentage of people have anaphylaxis from the vaccine compared to other common medications like other shots and antibiotics. I think if you're smart it's easy to see what the data says and come to a sound conclusion.

You're correct, children are not at high risk. This isn't uncommon in viruses. Look at chicken pox. It doesn't hurt kids very much, but adults can die from it if they didn't have it as a kid. Unfortunately the vaccine is not yet approved for kids. Because of the ultra-rigorous standards for drug approval in the USA I know that you have to complete the phase 3 human trials and get full FDA approval for giving a medication to adults before you're even allowed to run TESTS on kids. So there's no legal way for drug companies to have prioritized children in the USA. I know it's similar in the UK as well. I don't know if Mexico could have either.

I agree that social distancing and masking go a long way on their own. If people want to continue to isolate and mask I can't really fault them for that - it's fairly effective.

Personally, I'm a hugger. I wanna hug again. XD

It is interesting that you say the UNAM has been working on that, I will look into it. And you do make a point about chickenpox, thank you for pointing it out. I'm not for masks and isolation, I am for hygiene, the reality is I like hugs from family or friend, but in Mexico basically everyone, even people you've just met for the first time expect a hug and a kiss.
I appreciate everyone's opinion on the matter because some have more contact with people in certain fields. I believe that the worst problem now a days is miscommunication or misinformation, and the only way to battle it is to talk and share.

Back
Top Bottom