Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Pondering.......
Can a fully vaccinated(both shots plus the following wait time) person carry and spread the virus?
That's the $64,000 question that everyone wants the answer to but, so far as I know, they just don't have enough data yet to know. As more people get vaccinated there will be more information on which to form an educated conclusion.

Today I'm really thankful that my 84-y-old Mom, who lives in her condo in an Assisted Living facility in Florida, just got her 2nd vaccine.

Her place has had strict social distancing and mask mandates since last March, and strict protocols for the caregiver staff people as well. Still, quite a few residents and staff have become infected, and several have died of Covid.

I feel so relieved that everybody who lives there (my aunt and uncle live there as well) has had both rounds of vaccines. I've been worried for so long - the last time I was able to visit her was October 2020. I expect the next time I'll be able to visit will be after I've had my own vaccines? Which will be who knows when. But my Mom is presently safe, that's what counts.
That's got to have been hard for your relatives and for you. As the mother of a kid who went into Covid ICU units day in and day out to care for patients I well understand the stress.

This has been such a hard year on everyone. But, as you indicate, we're beginning to get some real relief and reason to hope again.

I hope your mother and her sibs/in-laws are able to be close again or will be very soon. And I hope your own vaccination isn't too far off in the future so that you'll be able to visit them again soon.

Last edited:
Congratulations to everyone who has received the vaccines (and thanks for reporting any side effects you've had to us)! My condolences to everyone who has lost a friend/family member/colleague to Covid and my sympathies to anyone who has contracted the disease. I hope doing things that are more fun than Zoom calls and trips to the feed store is in all of our futures! 🥰🌈☀️

It will be a while until people in my age demographic/job type will be eligible for vaccines. It will be even longer once it is available in my area since southern California has had a pretty slow roll out and even longer for my teenage kids (it looks like most of the vaccines still aren't approved for those 16 and under). I'm worried about them since the virus is mutating quickly and, as others have said, although kids do, for the most part, contract mild or asymptomatic Covid, we don't know down the road what the virus will do to their internal organs, susceptibility to other diseases, and overall health and fitness. We also don't know if, like chicken pox, the virus is more virulent when it returns (I had shingles in my early 30s... it lasted forever, left scarring, and was not fun).

I hope those who are vaccinated (and those who aren't) will continue to practice mask wearing, social distancing, and thorough hand washing even though we are entering a period of hope and excitement for the sake of those of us still at risk, especially children.

I only saw them on TV in poorly managed places like NY. See the video I posted of the nurse questioning the placement of Covid negative patients in the covid wards among other things.
New York is not so much poorly managed as it is densely populated. The more people there are in a given area, the greater the rate of transmission.

New York is not so much poorly managed as it is densely populated. The more people there are in a given area, the greater the rate of transmission.
Oh it was most definitely poorly managed during the pandemic early and middle stages. Sending covid positive people to nursing homes filled with old folks seems like pretty poor management to me. “Overflowing” hospitals while not utilizing the Navy hospital ship seems like poor management. India is pretty much the most densely populated place on Earth. They have had dramatic reductions by using emerging treatments and probably by not sending infected people to be among the most vulnerable populations.

Oh it was most definitely poorly managed during the pandemic early and middle stages. Sending covid positive people to nursing homes filled with old folks seems like pretty poor management to me. “Overflowing” hospitals while not utilizing the Navy hospital ship seems like poor management. India is pretty much the most densely populated place on Earth. They have had dramatic reductions by using emerging treatments and probably by not sending infected people to be among the most vulnerable populations.
The two positions are not mutually exclusive. New York had its problems and made serious mistakes but considering the population density they would have been overwhelmed anyway. As for overflowing hospitals, that is not just an NYC problem. In LA they were rationing treatment a few weeks ago. People that they felt couldn't be helped were sent home so staff could concentrate on the ones that were salvageable. Not long ago the hospitals in Stanislaus and Merced counties in California were filled to 100% capacity. There was not a single bed to be found. If you were in a car accident or were having a heart attack you were SOL. I no longer live there but I have friends that do. There are quite a few sizeable hospitals in that area too. I know because I was a patient at one time or another in several of them.

My thought, feather, is that everyone who is vaccinated is one less person in the way of those forced to wait and one less source of potential infection while they're still vulnerable.

It flat out sucks that so many will have to continue to wait but it's its own silver lining, if you will. And I say that as a mother who is also waiting for my adult children and my 10yo grandson to be safe too.

Last edited:
The two positions are not mutually exclusive. New York had its problems and made serious mistakes but considering the population density they would have been overwhelmed anyway. As for overflowing hospitals, that is not just an NYC problem. In LA they were rationing treatment a few weeks ago. People that they felt couldn't be helped were sent home so staff could concentrate on the ones that were salvageable. Not long ago the hospitals in Stanislaus and Merced counties in California were filled to 100% capacity. There was not a single bed to be found. If you were in a car accident or were having a heart attack you were SOL. I no longer live there but I have friends that do. There are quite a few sizeable hospitals in that area too. I know because I was a patient at one time or another in several of them.

Ivermectin combination therapy is the answer to all of that. Give it to everyone for pennies like India. Someone gets Rona, then give them and all those in contact with them ivermectin and they will get better. Then they will also have immunity. Herd immunity will happen gradually with almost no deaths from Rona itself. Just earlier in this thread there are pro covid vaccine people asking if the vax will keep one from catching and transmitting Rona!!! There are a lot of unknowns with the vax but not so with ivermectin combo therapy. Its a straight road to beating the pandemic. Instead half the country is hell bent on taking the winding road to an unsure destination woth lots of blind turns.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom